Cute Little Munchkins

8:06 PM Unknown 0 Comments



If you met me 15 years ago and asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer would probably be – a teacher!

As far as I can remember I don’t have any particular reason why I liked that profession but just by seeing my teachers in primary and elementary school - who are so passionate in teaching us and sharing stories with us, I think I acquired that spark in their eyes and in that instant I knew I want to be a teacher.

Fast forward 15 years after, a child approached me and said “Teacher, I wanna pee.” And that’s one of the cutest thing that I heard in my entire life! Can you imagine a cute little baby boy approaching you saying those four words? Isn’t that the cutest? *aaaaahhhhh* He was the cutest but I just had my most embarrassing moment with the cute boy! HAHAHAHAHAHA He doesn’t know how to unbutton his pants so he screamed “Teacher I don’t know hooooooow!” The absent minded Camille went inside (HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH whyyyyyyyy) and unbuttons his pants unfortunately a guy entered the washroom (good thing he’s also from kid’s church so he understands, but it’s embarrassing though!!!!) So I immediately went outside thinking “Camille why did you enter a men’s washroom?!”  HAHAHA

So yes, you heard it right! Today marks my first day in Kid’s church with my sister! Actually I don’t have any idea with the program flow in Kid’s church, I am literally new here unlike my sister who has experience attending when she was younger.

We were with kids of ages 5-6 and I love everyone in there that I want to meet all of them personally! I was actually overwhelmed with the huge number of kids inside the room which made me so happy!

On crafts time, I remember what Pastor Paolo said in one service “As an usher, when you go and place envelopes on each chair, pray for the person who will be sitting in there.” And as I was giving craft materials to the kids, I made sure that I prayed for each kids I was handing the materials to. I love it! I love it so much! 

After that the kids had their praise and worship. Again, IT WAS MY FIRST TIME TO SEE CUTIEPIES WORSHIPPING JESUS TOGETHER! Such a good view to look at every Sunday! I love how excited the kids are to go at the center of the room, eager to sing, energized to dance, happy to praise! I love how their voices sing together to give praise to one God. I love how each jump and each clap is their cutest way of saying “Thank you Jesus!” But of course not all kids respond the same, there are kids at the corner of the room, reluctant to join the group. And with them, I see myself when I was still starting with my walk with God. In them I see my hesitation to participate with the crowd. In them I see Camille almost four years ago, but in them I see a great God. A great God who transformed me. A great God who made a better Camille. A passionate Father who loves his children so much. An awesome Father who has great plans for his children – plans which are perfected before the birth of time.  I can’t help but smile and say “I can’t wait to see Father transform you and use you for the advancement of His Kingdom!”

The last part is my favorite part of all! Snack time! Ooops HAHAHAH kidding. Each teacher was assigned to each group of kids to huddle and pray for them. I was placed with a group of three boys and three girls. If you know me, I have a weird way of saying “okay” or “Good job!” it’s with two thumbs up moving (HAHAHAHA stop Camille, they won’t get it. Anyways I’ll let you see when we meet!) So there, I was asking the kids how the service went and are they okay (with the weird thumbs up movement) but they laughed! HAHAHAHAH then they did the same! Awwwwwwieee cutiepies!!!!!

In my group, there were two kids who are new to kids church but doesn’t look like new kids though – they are so hyper! I asked them and they said they’ll come back next week because they really had fun!

If there are couple of things that makes me smile, one of them would probably be seeing children pray. Praying is very important, it is our way of communicating with God. And when I asked these kids what they want me to pray for them, for me, it shows their heart <3 awwww

Well as I asked them and their answers are the following, (And I hope you pray for them too!)
Daniel and Hailey (siblings): our tita (why?) because she’s sick.
Kaye: mama (why?) because she’s also sick
Nehza: my family (why?) because I want them safe every time.
Kurt: my papa to have a lot of money (why?) because he’s hardworking (where is papa?) he’s in Singapore.
Marco: Jesus (why?) because I care for him.

See how cute these kids are? Aaaaahhhh!!! I can spend my whole life talking to them if I can! Can you see their hearts? They are selfless kids! As far as I can remember when I was in their age, I’d probably say “Lord I want to have a new toy.” HAHAHAHAH but these kids, they are the most thoughtful persons!

I went on a clockwise direction as I was praying with the kids. I stretched my hands to Daniel because he was on the other corner of the table, my eyes were closed, hands stretched and I was praying when all of a sudden he held my hand (ahhhhhhhh!!!!! Lord! Ang cute!!!!!) I opened one of my eyes to see all the kids with heads bowed and eyes closed but Daniel was smiling hahaha cutie! I did the same to everyone.  

Now when you ask me, “Why did you chose Kid’s church?” My answer is – It’s a way of serving and honoring God for what He has done to me with a privilege of experiencing my childhood dream.

What I love when I see kids is their cuteness of course, but over the physical I love to see hope of the future in them. I love to see the greatness of God in them. I love to see how things will turn out years after and how God will nurture the seeds we are planting in them.

Right now, I am the happiest person. Thank you Father for this great privilege to touch your children. It is of great joy to serve you and had fun at the same time! I love you Father!

3 John 1:4

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: